Monday, May 13, 2013

Overwhelmed by Love

I have a confession to make. I was dreading Mothers Day, not because my Ariella isn't with me, but because I was scared that people wouldn't acknowledge me and my little girl. Looking back now, I don't know why I was worried. My friends and family are amazing. I should have known that they would be there for me.

I was tossing up whether to name this post overwhelmed by love or I should have known. Both are true, but I decided to go for the first one. Soon after Ariella's birth, I said on Facebook that I was overwhelmed by love, as it seemed the best way to express how loved, cared for and prayed for that I felt in those difficult days. And I feel the exact same way now. Flowers, cards, gifts, messages, emails - friends went out of their way to let me know that they were thinking of me, that I wasn't alone, and that they missed my Ariella too. Among other things, I received a key-ring with her name on it (there's something very special about seeing her name) and a couple of lion-related things (her name means lioness of God). I have a cold, so smells are a bit dulled at the moment. Even so, my lounge room smells amazing from the flowers people gave me. (Some were anonymous, so I don't know who to thank. If it was you...thank you!)

To all my friends and family who thought of me yesterday, thank you. I don't think I can adequately express how much it meant to me. I truly am overwhelmed by love.


A gift from a dear friend: "Ariella Jade, Forever Loved"

5 comments:

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

That keyring is amazing!! Well done Miss S :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad.

Larissa said...

Thanks Ali. I hope you had a wonderful first Mothers Day :)

Sarah said...

I love that keyring! I'm so glad you were showered with so much love <3

Larissa said...

It's beautiful isn't it :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox