Friday, May 10, 2013

In the land of the living

I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27:13-14

One card we received after Ariella's birth contained this verse; a verse that I had forgotten about but have come to rely upon. 

I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living

Even though Ariella died, I knew God was good. I knew I would see His goodness again. But I had started to think that I would see His goodness once I went to Heaven. I forgot that I could see it in the land of the living. And I can remain confident of this

Today was quite a nice day. I spent the morning at a delightful little cafe, catching up with a friend who I hadn't seen in a long time. We chatted about almost everything under the sun, and it was just lovely. From there, I went to see another friend. Again, it was a wonderful few hours catching up. 

Neither conversation really mentioned God, but nevertheless, they reminded me of his goodness. Today marks 100 days since Ariella was born, and I was too busy enjoying myself with these lovely ladies to remember about that milestone. And I'm grateful for that.

I've been through a lot in the past 3 months, and I've learnt a lot. But one thing I know for sure:

My daughter may have been still born, but my God is still good.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Amen. My "mantra" throughout my Evie-journey has been: God is good and everything He does is good (Psalm 119:68). No matter what I feel, I know that to be truth. It changes/corrects your perspective so much.

Larissa said...

It really does, doesn't it? I find it helps me keep things in perspective.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox