Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday

As Easter approached this year, I found myself thinking more about Mary, the mother of Jesus, than I did about Jesus (although I did think about Him too). Not because I think she's any more special than the rest of us, and no, I'm not turning Catholic! :P It's just that she had to watch her son die. Her precious firstborn child died. And until this year, I never really stopped to think about her grief. But this year, I can understand it. No matter how old your child is, whether only a few weeks past conception, sometime during pregnancy, as a child or as an adult, no parent should have their child die before them. 

I said the other day that it's not fair my daughter died while others have healthy babies. While I do still feel that way, I shouldn't complain. I don't know why I have to suffer grief, but I know why Mary did:

Mary had to suffer grief because of my sin. 

That fact alone draws me to my knees in repentance. Add to that the fact that our sin separates us from the one true God but He did what it took to enable reconciliation, well, I feel like I'm constantly on my knees (at least, my heart is. Does a heart have knees? Ah well, I'm sure you understand what I mean).


Romans 3:23-24 - For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Jesus Christ.

Romans 5:8 - While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox