Monday, March 11, 2013

Acknowledged

I love it when people acknowledge my daughter, or ask to see photos of her. Please don't be afraid to mention Ariella for fear of making me sad...chances are I'm already sad!

Perhaps the cutest acknowledgement comes from my three year old nephew, J. We have a photo of Ariella in our lounge room, and a few times while here, J has stopped playing, looked at her photo, and said loudly, "It's Ari-lella!" It's always been an out-of-the-blue acknowledgement, and is extra cute given the slight mispronunciation of her name.

It makes my heart smile to hear my daughter's existence acknowledged, especially in such a cute way.

4 comments:

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

He still talks about her at times :)

Larissa said...

Aww, really? :)

Felicity said...

So how do we pronounce her name? And I would love to see more photos of her... perhaps next time you pop in for a visit you could bring some? And a game... and stay for tea. ;). Love you.

Larissa said...

It's pronounced "R-E-ella" (J adds an extra "l" in there). And yes, next time I can bring some and stay for longer!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox