Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Deeper Still

"There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still."

I came across this quote about two weeks after Ariella's death, and it's stayed in my mind ever since. It was said/written by Betsie Ten Boom, the sister of Corrie Ten Boom. Which puts it in the context of a Nazi concentration camp. That's a pretty deep pit to be in! And yet she could still believe and proclaim that God's love was deeper still. 


The stillbirth of my daughter was a pretty deep pit to find myself in. The deepest pit so far in my life. But do you know what? God's love is deeper still. 



For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is Christ Jesus our Lord.
~Romans 8:38-39~

2 comments:

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

A beautiful quote.
I love the quotes of Corrie Ten Boom too.
It is a comforting scripture too.

Larissa said...

I don't think I quite realised the extent of the comfort in that Scripture until recently...it's such an amazing truth.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox