Sunday, March 24, 2013

Dear parents of a newborn

Dear parents of a newborn,
Congratulations on your new arrival. I'm so happy and relieved your baby is here safely. But if I do not tell you this person, please don't be offended; sometimes it is hard for me to talk about babies.
If I do not comment on Facebook pictures, it's not because I don't think your baby is cute, it's just that I don't want the notifications when others also comment.
Please forgive me if I don't get excited over your baby reaching milestones, it's just a reminder that my baby never will.
I'll do my best to be happy for you, I will. But please understand if at times that is too hard for me.
Sincerely,
A grieving mother.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You can click on unfollow post if you want to comment but don't want to be bombarded with others comments. I think that sometimes people can be rather insensitive when posting on facebook. I think it's great that people love their children/husband/boyfriend etc but sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming for those who would love one but don't have a child/husband/boyfriend.

Larissa said...

I know I can, but it's not always worth it...it's easier just not to post in the first place. It's not that I don't want people to share their good news, I just can't always respond to that.

Babygirlxoxo21 said...

Exactly how I'm feeling.

Larissa said...

<3 It's hard, isn't it?

Seven Pounds, Twelve Ounces and a Whole Lot of Love. said...

I have a good friend who is due in two months. I never imagined I wouldn't even be able to want to be around her. It is just much too difficult.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox