Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Someone Remembered Her

I was up late a few nights ago and it got me thinking...



It's late. My son is sleeping peacefully in his cot and my husband is asleep beside me. The late hour means that is dark, and something about the darkness and being the sole person awake makes me feel reflective. I feel like I should be sad that my daughter died, normally that is how I feel. But I cannot feel that sadness because today is different.

Today, someone remembered her.

Today, someone bought me an Easter egg for each of my babies; one blue, one pink. Of course, neither baby is able to eat their egg. That job falls to me and my husband (what a shame). But that doesn't matter. What matters is that someone not only remembered, but also included, Ariella today. 

Because of that simple gesture today, I can sleep peacefully tonight. Because of that pink Easter egg, I'm going to sleep with a smile on my face. 

2 comments:

Naomi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Naomi said...

That was so thoughtful, I know the joy it brought you 💗

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Franchesca Cox